Viewing this page, I was wondering about the level of privacy guaranteed for Private wikis.
- Those are both good places to look. Also, I'm the only one who has access to the data in private wikis on the back end, and I've never looked into any of them, nor do I ever plan to; hopefully that's enough of a guarantee. Yaron Koren 18:25, January 15, 2009 (UTC)
Would it be possible to have a created referata wiki be under an alternate license (specifically BY-NC-SA 2.0 or GFDL 1.2+)? -PanSola 21:35, January 21, 2009 (UTC)
- Yes - just change the text in the page "MediaWiki:Copyright". (Although that won't change the image that shows up - I need to think about the best way to handle that.) Yaron Koren 23:02, January 22, 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah I want to change the actual MW license setting, since it's hard to tell what other places (in various skins) the license name might come up (like how MW:Copyright reads from a variable). -PanSola 03:11, January 23, 2009 (UTC)
- Okay, I just moved the Referata logo to be where the copyright logo used to appear - it's basically how Wikipedia does it; I think this solves a few problems at once. It's true that copyright can be stored in a few different places, but if you set MediaWiki:Copyright to what you want, including a link, and don't use the variable, I think you should be fine. Yaron Koren
- Thanks. -PanSola 22:30, January 23, 2009 (UTC)
- BTW, just for future reference in case others have the same question/issue, MediaWiki:Copyrightwarning also needs to be edited to remove the variable. I'll update this talk page if I find additional MW messages that uses the variable. -PanSola 22:33, January 23, 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, okay. Hm... maybe I'll make the copyright name and URL site settings, then, since the latter can't be set from the wiki. Yaron Koren 22:58, January 23, 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks! -PanSola 02:23, January 24, 2009 (UTC)
Section Edit for Includes
I also noticed that now, when you click  of a section that comes from an include, the edit redirects to the actual source. Nice! --WTFologist 20:16, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
secure access to private wikis?
We prefer secure access to our intranet sites hosted outside the company. Is it possible to require https access to one of your private wikis? --184.108.40.206 19:40, March 29, 2011 (EDT)
- Unfortunately, Referata isn't equipped to handle that. Yaron Koren 08:53, March 31, 2011 (EDT)
- You can provide monaco skin?--Msnhinet8 07:53, June 3, 2011 (EDT)
- Because wikia has been discontinued.--Msnhinet8 07:53, June 3, 2011 (EDT)
- I can little english.--Msnhinet8 07:53, June 3, 2011 (EDT)
Adding Template:Languages in the page
- Sorry about the long delay with this - that's a very good idea, and I just added it in. Thanks to everyone for your help with the translation. Yaron Koren (talk) 13:11, February 12, 2013 (UTC)
How to customize BootStrap Skin
I happily saw that you enabled the Bootstrap extension that provides the skin of the same name.
Do you know how we can customize the skin for a referata web site using the help site ?
List of wikis
Is there a list of wikis hosted on Referata? Does Referata really offer free longterm wiki hosting? Is there a list of such free wikis?
I want to link to these lists from here:
- http://wikiindex.org/Category:Free_MediaWiki_wiki_farms --Timeshifter (talk) 10:13, August 1, 2013 (EDT)
Unlimited GB storage feature?
I would like to see an unlimited GB storage feature for no matter what type of service. This place would be better off surviving off donations to be honest. The prices are too high, and contacting a person just to get lower prices won't make it. I feel that this whole wiki database farm should survive off donations in MediaWiki:sitenotice which links to paypal or something. I also feel it would be nice to allow free users to use adsense, however it doesn't matter; for this is just an opinion.--VarickI (talk) 17:11, October 2, 2014 (EDT)